- Over 8000 passionate film buffs across India & the Globe will enjoy this 8 day festival.
- Hon’ble Minister of Information of Government of Tamil Nadu, Padmasri Sh. Kamal Haasan, Mr. Amir Khan, Government Officials, Representatives from Film Industry Associations and sponsors are to grace the festival’s opening function & Mr. Mohanlal , Jury of Tamil feature film competition will grace the festival’s closing functions. Both opening and closing functions will held in Sir Mutha Venkatasubba Rao Concert Hall, Chennai
- The festival screenings will be held in eight screens in total in five venues namely Woodland Theatre Complex (2 screens), Inox Screens (2 screens), Abirami Mega Mall (2 Screens), Rani Seethai Hall & Casino Theatre.
- The festival functions will witness strong active participation from the film fraternity, corporate houses, Consulates / Embassies, prominent Chennaites, press/ media, student volunteers and a large number of movie buffs.
- 12 Tamil feature films will compete for the CIFF Award for Best Film (Director & Producer), Second Best Film (Director & Producer) & the Special Jury Award.
1. Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer
2. Aaru Mezhugu Vathhigal
8. Mundru Per Mundru Kaadhal
10. Ponmaalai Pozhudhu
11. Soodhu Kavvum
12. Thanga Meenkal
- The Jury Members for the Tamil feature film competition are Shri. R V Udayakumar, Producer | Director will head the jury, Actor, Director Smt. Sripriya – member of the Jury, prominent writer Shri. S. Ramakrishnan - member of the Jury
- Amitabh Bachchan award for the “Youth Icon of the Year” is a new award instituted this year.
- Film Buff award in special appreciation for one passionate movie buff attending the festival and participating in the online contest with maximum entries is given for the fourth consecutive year.
- Chennai Film Forum Discussions two in Tamil at Rani Seethai Hall & one in English at Woodlands Complex with the participation of film professionals | Press and registered delegates.
- Flash Mob Dances, Zumba by the Beach, Dance & Music performances during the opening & closing events by popular talented artists are being planned.
- There will be extensive coverage and promotional activity on TV, Print & social media with the film & television industry’s active participation.
- 163 films from 58 countries will be screened which include films won awards in Cannes, Berlin and Venice IFFs and to name a few…
- 11th CIFF will celebrate the centenary of Indian Cinema.
- Eye on Films representative from France will address the film industry | aspiring young film makers regarding the key role of Eye on Films in promoting debut feature film directors in various Intl Film Festivals.
- Films from Iran and Taiwan under Country Focus
- Retrospectives of
- A Section on Contemporary films from Turke
- Current Indian Panorama Films
- CIFF will be witnessing the presence of the following dignitaries from Abroad.